Happy Friday! Here's a recap of what we shipped this week.
To motivate you to keep telemetry on when self-hosting Touca, we redesigned our install wizard to include a sample payload of the privacy-friendly aggregate usage data that we'd collect when telemetry is on.
You can still disable telemetry using the Telemetry tab from the settings page:
We would never collect any information other than what is shown on this page.
Improved API Client Session Management
Running Touca tests as part of the CI on a fixed nightly schedule is now much more stable, thanks to one of our long-time users. He found a bug in the session management component of the Touca Server that caused data submission to fail intermittently (once every few days) in scenarios where Touca tests were run every day at a particular time. He had also proposed a fix that allowed us to fix this issue overnight. Thank you, Zach!
Checkout the description of this pull request if you like to learn more.
Better Python CLI
Thanks to open-source contributions from @mmdbalkhi, Touca CLI
post sub-command is now more intuitive to use. Here's a summary of the improvements:
touca postno longer expects merged files
touca post --dry-runnow produces a more helpful output
touca postnow respects your configuration profile
--api-urlis now optional for
touca postnow accepts the path to the test results directory as a positional argument
Other fixes and improvements
- We separate our weekly changelog posts from our blog posts. They are now available at touca.io/changelog.
- We made various improvements to our documentation website, including adding a contribution guide and a list of good first issues for new open-source contributors.
- Python CLI: Update supported options for
- Python CLI: Replace sub-command
- Python CLI: Remove
loguruas a dependency
- Server: Make teams page width consistent with other pages
- Server: Move flatbuffers schema definition to separate package
This week, one of our long-time community members started working at Touca as a contract software engineer to improve our cloud infrastructure and the deployment process for our paying customers. We are super excited to have him. Welcome aboard! 🤗🍾🥂
Thanks for reading! Did you know we have a Discord community? Come say hi. We'd love to make friends with you.