Happy Friday! We have decided to change the cadence of our product update announcements from monthly to weekly. We hope to show our focus on building a great product and to adopt a culture of shipping that is expected from a developer tool startup.
New Documentation Website
We fully migrated our documentation website from GitBook to Docusaurus, this transition will enable us to leverage powerful features such as MDX to deliver a more developer-friendly documentation website.
We will publish a separate blog post next week to explain more about this migration.
Automatic Creation of Suites
You no longer need to create a suite, before submitting test results to it. To eliminate one step from the initial setup of Touca tests, the Touca server now automatically creates a Suite when test results are submitted for the first version of a workflow.
This small change is specially helpful when using Python CLI to run your tests. The CLI automatically detects all Touca workflows in your current working directory and runs them one by one, using their names as the name of the Touca Suite.
We removed Google Analytics from Touca.io and adopted Plausible as a more privacy-friendly open-source alternative. By eliminating all third-party user tracking scripts, we are now automatically compliant with data protection laws without the need to show cookie banners.
Other fixes and improvements
- Runtime trend chart now lists the 50 most recent versions.
- Runtime trend chart now shows the names of at most 10 versions in its x axis.
- Form to delete a suite now only expects the suite name to be typed as confirmation.
- Hovering over the buttons at the bottom of the page now displays a cursor pointer.
- The icon in the Subscribe button is now slightly tilted when you are subscribed to a given suite.
- Forms to create a team or a suite now automatically remove leading and following whitespaces from input.