Our favorite month is coming to an end. Here's a summary of notable features and improvements we delivered in September.
Touca SDK for Java
Earlier this week, we released the first version of our Java SDK.
You can learn more about this SDK in our blog post, check out the open-source repository on GitHub, pull it as a dependency from Maven Central, and follow the hands-on tutorials in our examples repository to get started.
As you may have noticed, we significantly updated the content of our documentation website, rewriting almost every page and adding step-by-step tutorials to help users get started with Touca. In the next few days, we will be adding video content to all tutorial pages.
We also moved the content of our documentation website to a public repository on GitHub. In the next few days, we will be adding video content to all tutorial pages.
Touca Utility CLI
We launched Touca Wrench, an open-source utility command-line tool that helps you continuously run regression tests on a dedicated test server.
Wrench also provides facilities for managing test result files at scale, useful for teams who choose to keep a local copy of their test results. Supported operations include compression, modification, and resubmission of test results to Touca server instances, in batches. Check out our blog post to learn more.
Improved consistency between SDKs
We shipped many changes to our client libraries to improve consistency in their usability and behavior. These changes ensure that all SDKs behave the same way, support the same set of configuration options, generate the same standard output, and produce identical binary results.
There are still a few differences between Touca SDKs. You can track these differences on our documentation website.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- Examples: Use the same set of tutorials for different SDKs
- Web App: Improve visualization of long version names
- Website: Deliver various minor improvements to the landing page
- C++: Support generating code coverage with GCC compiler
- Web App: Enable access to code coverage reports for all SDKs
- Web App: Enable regenerating API Key from Account Settings Page
We are working on the following features and improvements in order of their tentative release date.
- Add a new tab for managing Test Cases
- Publish C++ SDK on the public Conan Package Index
- Improve visualization of differences between large text values
- Improve handling of special data types such as
- Publish separate NPM packages
- Release the first version of Slack Integration
- Release the first version of GitHub Actions plugin
We are also traveling to Aurora, CO, to present and speak at CppCon 2021.
Asking for Feedback
What should we be prioritizing? What is the one feature that can significantly increase Touca's value for you? Let us know how we make Touca more useful to you.
Thank you for using Touca!